Landscape Lighting Installations We Offer
- LED Landscape lighting
- Driveway lighting installations
- Garden lighting installations
- Pool deck lighting installations
- Deck and patio lighting installations
- Upgrading existing landscape lighting to LED lighting
- Garden spotlight installations
- Outdoor security lighting
Our Landscape Lighting Design Process
Our ultimate goal when designing your landscape lighting system is to accentuate your landscaping and create the right ambiance that you're after. Our design process involves choosing the types of lights and the fixtures to be used, determining the exact placement and orientation of the lights, selecting the appropriate lighting levels and color temperature to create the desired visual effect, and lastly what type of control system to use.
Here are the steps involved in our landscape lighting design process:
- Identify the goals and objectives: Before starting the design process, it's important to identify the purpose of the lighting. Is it for security, aesthetics, or both? What features in your landscape do you want the lighting to highlight or accentuate?
- Survey the site: Next, we walk around the site and take note of the existing features, such as trees, shrubs, pathways, and structures. We need to consider how these features will be affected by the lighting and how they can be used to enhance the overall design.
- Choose the types of lights and fixtures: There are many different types of landscape lighting fixtures to choose from, including spotlights, path lights, and floodlights. We need to consider the style and theme of the landscape, as well as the type of bulbs and controls that will be used.
- Determine the placement and orientation of the lights: We will decide where the lights will be placed and how they will be oriented. We'll need to consider the height and angle of the lights, as well as the distances between the fixtures to ensure we get the best coverage.
- Select the lighting levels and color temperature: We need to consider the desired ambiance and mood of the space, and choose the appropriate lighting levels and color temperature to create the desired effect.
- Test the lighting: Before finalizing the design, it's important we test the lighting to ensure it creates the desired effect. This may involve adjusting the placement or orientation of the fixtures, or adjusting the lighting levels and color temperature.
- Install and maintain the lighting: Finally, once the design is complete, the lighting fixtures can be installed and properly maintained to ensure they function properly and look their best. This may involve cleaning and replacing bulbs and fixtures as needed.
The biggest deciding factor with your new landscape lighting is going to be your overall budget. We have no intention of showing you something or presenting ideas you can't afford, we can work with your budget to come up with a beautiful landscape lighting scheme you and your family can enjoy.
If you'd like to schedule a consultation with us to discuss your landscape lighting ideas we'd be happy to meet with you. Please call (757) 890-0770 or fill out our online form and we'll get right back to you.
Quentin and crew transformed our unique and failing backyard landscape into a space we use and enjoy. We are very happy with both the result and the process, from start to finish.
We were in the market for a nice fire pit and planned on just doing a traditional wood burning fit pit. Outdoor Living Experts (OLE) happen to come with an excellent proposal for investing into a gas fire pit and did an excellent job explaining the added benefits of the investment. We chose to move forward based off their recommendations and are so happy we did! Our family and friends love visiting in the cooler months of the year to warm up by the clean burning fire pit, that we can light up without any hassle. Best regards - David L.
Always professional from concept to design to execution. Friendly and easy to work with. We’ll be using Ole again in the near future.
They were prompt, clearly communicated and finished the job in just three days. I am extremely happy with the results.